Taking a small dog on a plane isn’t the only thing I write about, but it’s the topic that got me started as a blogger. It’s also the topic you have the most questions about.
Here is all the information I’ve collected about in-cabin pet travel, organized in a way that I hope you’ll find useful. You’ll find a handful of reference pages (including a list of airplane under-seat measurements; charts of U.S. and international airline polices for in-cabin pets; and a list of airport pet relief areas we’ve learned about). You’ll also find a bunch of categories: Click on a topic that interests you, and you’ll get a list of relevant blog posts. I’d start, though, by clicking on the posts under “Start here” — they’ll help you get oriented.
- How to fly with an in-cabin dog
- Should I buy the pet-carrier my airline sells?
- What if your in-cabin pet is pretty darned large?
- How to make your pet more comfortable in her carrier
- Ideas for wheeling your pet’s carrier
- Peeing en-route, on a really long flight
- Airline under-seat measurements
- Airport pet relief areas
- U.S. airline in-cabin pet policies
- International airline in-cabin pet policies
- U.S. airline policies re health certificates
- U.S. airline policies re pets checked as baggage/cargo
- International airline policies re pets checked as baggage/cargo
- U.S. airline policies re role of pet carrier in carry-on allowance
- International airline policies re role of pet carrier in carry-on allowance