Photo Friday: Wine tasting in Woodinville, WA
Well, the fact is, we only went to one winery, but I liked the sound of all those Ws. I’ve long known about the wine country around Woodinville (about a half hour northeast of Seattle, if the traffic’s in your favor), but I’d never visited any of the wineries or tasting rooms until this past Friday, when we zipped out to taste some wines from De Lille Cellars. They were excellent, no surprise there, but it was odd to be in a Seattle-style wine country — there were roundabouts (hints of Burgundy) and plenty of wine barrel furniture (hints of Napa), but the tasting rooms were all grouped together and lined up in strip malls (hints of huh?! though it is, presumably, convenient). The country around the tasting rooms is pretty, so keep the faith as you exit I-405 and plod past car dealerships.
De Lille’s tasting room is dog-friendly during the week, but not on the weekends (when it’s more crowded). Please note that it’s located about a quarter-mile north of the winery itself, on the left, just before the roundabout. If you miss it, as we did, circle the roundabout and try again from the other direction.
Please send me links to your favorite dog travel photos! They’ll get listed below, for everyone to click on and view. Here’s how it works:
- Every Friday, I’ll put up a post like this one, sometime during the morning (Pacific time).
- If you have a blog or a website, post a dog travel photo on your site on Friday and link back here to the current week’s “Photo Friday” post so that your readers can see other great dog travel photos. Please take a moment to make sure that you are linking directly to your photo post instead of your homepage.
- If you don’t have a blog or a website, simply post your photo to Flickr (or Facebook, Twitpic, etc.).
- Using the inlinkz button below, paste in the link to your photo or your blog post. That way, Dog Jaunt will link back to you. Please include a few words in the “Name” box describing where you took the photo (in this case, “Name” refers to the name of your photo, not your name!).
- Alternatively, heck, just e-mail me your picture ([email protected]) and I’ll post it for you!