Last week I posted a review of the new Citizen Canine hip/waist pack from Seattle company Tom Bihn. I liked everything about it except its price (and even that I could live with) and its lack of a way to hold a water bottle (and I came up with a workaround for that). I flat-out loved how it would organize the double-handful of objects I bring with us to dog parks: ChuckIt! launcher, two small ChuckIt! balls, water bottle, leash, and my car keys.
One lucky Dog Jaunt reader won’t have to worry a bit about its price, because I’m giving away the fully tricked-out hip pack that Tom Bihn sent me. They won’t have to worry about the water bottle problem either, because I stopped in REI and bought an S-biner (size 4), that will let you hook your dog’s water bottle onto your new hip pack. The total value of the package is $100, and here’s what it includes: A Kiwi green Citizen Canine hip pack, the optional waist strap, the optional Guardian Dual Function light (with extra lanyard, in case you want to detach the light from the hip pack and clip it onto something else), the optional Krebs Recycle Leash, a Size 4 S-biner, and an extra roll of compostable poop bags.
Thanks so much to Tom Bihn, which sent me the packet in the full knowledge that I would be giving it away to a reader (it’s Dog Jaunt policy to give away products I receive that are worth more than $50), and made sure that it included all the bells and whistles.
How To Enter
One lucky reader can win. If you would like a chance to win, leave a comment telling me about a dog-friendly restaurant, attraction or hotel before 11:59 PM PST on Monday, February 6, 2012. Please fill in the e-mail field of the comment form (your e-mail address isn’t shared with anyone, and I will not send you e-mail unless you win).
How to Earn More Chances to Win
There are more ways you can get additional entries in this contest. Each takes only a few minutes!
- “Like” Dog Jaunt on Facebook, and leave another comment to tell me that you did. You can do this by clicking on the “Like” button near the top of the sidebar on the left side of this page.
- “+1” Dog Jaunt on Google+, and come back here to tell me that you did. The +1 button is directly above the Facebook “Like” button, near the top of the sidebar.
- Become a friend of Dog Jaunt by “liking” its Facebook page, then leave a comment and tell me you’ve done so. To reach Dog Jaunt’s Facebook page, click on the square blue Facebook icon at the top of the sidebar. I use the Facebook page to share how-tos, tips, news articles, and giveaways. As you’ll see, it has different content from the blog, and there’s a lot of direct contact with, and between, Dog Jaunt readers.
- +1 Dog Jaunt’s Google page, then leave a comment telling me you’ve done so. To reach Dog Jaunt’s Google+ page, click on the square orange Google icon at the top of the sidebar. I’ve just started Dog Jaunt’s Google+ page, and I plan to post the same stuff on there that I do on Dog Jaunt’s Facebook page.
- Subscribe to Dog Jaunt’s RSS feed by e-mail, using the button near the top of the sidebar. Leave another comment telling me you did.
Announcing the winner
I will choose a winner randomly and announce the results here and in Dog Jaunt’s Twitter feed on Wednesday, February 8, 2012.
Please, only one comment per person per giveaway post (except as outlined above where the comment is related to an extra entry). Duplicate comments and anonymous comments will be discarded. Please make sure that the e-mail address in your comment form is valid (e-mail addresses are never public). Winners must claim their prize within three business days after the date of notification of such prize. A sweepstakes winner’s failure to respond to the prize notification and provide a shipping address within the specified three business days will be considered such sweepstakes winner’s forfeiture of the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. If an entrant is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may also be selected from the pool of eligible entries. To enter, you must be a U.S. resident, age 18 or older. Employees, partners and vendors of Dog Jaunt and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter. We will disqualify any entries that we believe are generated by scripts and other automated technology. When applicable, the winner may be required to execute and return within five business days an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability and Publicity Release to be eligible for the prize or an alternate winner will be selected. All prizes will be awarded. No substitutions including for cash are permitted, except that Dog Jaunt reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value for any prize. Winners shall be responsible and liable for all federal, state and local taxes on the value of their prize.
P.S. If you like this giveaway, and want to share it with your friends, please use one (or more!) of the buttons below.